Return to Cities
Port Orange Real Estate | Port Orange Homes
Daytona Beach Real Estate
Sun and Fun - Daytona Beach Places of Interest
Daytona Beach is more than a party town and offers many family fun things to do. Listed below are some activities to consider.
1. Swimming is perhaps one of the most popular water activities enjoyed by many on the beautiful 23 mile stretch of the Worldâ€™s Most Famous Beach. Beaches have lifeguard-patrolled areas for swimming and picnic areas. Some beaches allow driving and free parking.There are also No Drive Beach areas that are ideal for families with children.
Some beach rules to be aware per the Volusia County Beach Patrol:
- Always swim directly in front of a Lifeguard
- 10 mph speed limit is strictly enforced. Violators will be fined $116 and up.
- Alcohol and glass containers are not allowed.
- Pets are not allowed on the beach except guide dogs accompanying visually impaired persons or hearing ear dogs accompanying hearing impaired persons.
2. The Ocean Deck is a great place to hang out and listen to live Reggae every night of the week. This club is very laid back and has great seafood, steaks and sandwiches. Dress casually and enjoy drink specials every day.
3. Visit Lighthouse Point Park in Ponce Inlet, located at the southernmost tip of the peninsula. Swim, sunbathe and enjoy the flora and fauna. This 52-acre park features fishing, nature trails, and observation deck and tower and picnic areas. Bring your fishing tackle and catch some fish out on the jetty.
4. The Daytona Lagoon is probably the best water sports attraction. Enjoy 12 water slides and body boarding in the waves. This family entertainment center includes laser tag, a go-kart track, miniature golf, rock climbing, and an arcade.
5. Go beach combing for seashells. Walk along the waterâ€™s edge and find shells, starfish, and sand dollars.
6 The new Hollywood Theaters Pavilion 14 is located off of I-95 and Williamson Road at the new Pavilion at Port Orange shopping center. The movie stadium has high-back rocking loveseats, digital surround sound. Here you can experience many 3D movies. Online ticketing and the convenient ticket kiosks make ticket buying fast and easy.
Contact Team Gagliardi now for more information about Port Orange Real Estate and Daytona Beach Condos. Marty Gagliardi 386-316-5968 - Michael Gagliardi 386-316-5967 - Heidi Gagliardi 386-290-6842. We are ready to assist you!
* Indicates a Required Field.